Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Dewey County Conservation District

Soil Conservation - Equipment rental


August 25, 2021-Join us at the district barn yard- across from the office. (306 S. Broadway, Taloga, OK.  The South Canadian Prescribed Burn Association will have a come and go  open house from 1:00 pm-7:00 PM. All burn equipment will be on display. Bring your lawn chairs.  At 5:30 PM the district will host a hot dog feed. 

                                           SOIL HEALTH WITH JIMMY EMMONS

Soil Health talk with Jimmy Emmons--August 25, 2021 at 7:00 PM after the hot dog feed, at the conservation district barn yard across from the district office (306 S. Broadway) anyone is welcome to come and join in conversation with Jimmy Emmons on the in's and out's of cover crops and impoving your living soil. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the chat and questions about cover crops. 

Taloga USDA Service center is open but closed to walk-in. You may call and do business over the phone.

Dewey County Conservation District 580-328-5366/ Or 580-328-5321 - Ext 3

NRCS - 580-328-5321, Ext 3

Farm Service Agency - 580-328-5331- Ext. 2


Things are changing in the way producers should look at their farms. The soil is a living organism, just as our bodies are. We have no problem with feeding and drink water for us. So what about your soil on your farms. There are three demonstations being done around the state on soll health. They are in Dewey County, Kay County and Greer County. We will be monitoring these sites with the assistance of NRCS. Be watching for further information to be posted as the projects progress along.

USDA Statement

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. (Not all prohibited base apply to all program.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD.) To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326W, Whitten Building, 14th and Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D. C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice or TDD.) USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.