Dewey County Conservation District
Soil Conservation - Equipment rental
Dewey County Conservation District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
306 S Broadway, Taloga, OK 73667
1:30 PM ---June 7, 2023
1.Regular Board Meeting Called to Order
Consideration of and Possible Action to approve on the following items.
2. Blane Stacy and James Blom -OCC Soil Health, to discuss a soil health field day in Dewey County
3. Eitzen Insurance agency – yearly renewal
4. Approve minutes of the May 3, regular meeting and May 8, 2023, special meeting
5. Approval of Employee Payroll, Time Sheets, and Leave Records for the month of May
6. Approve Corrected March 31, 2023, Financial Statement
7. Approve Financial Statement for period ending May 31, 2023 (Exhibit#1), district
reimbursement claims, ED2 claims, directors and employee claims, and bills owed by the district.
8. NACD-South Central Regional and National RC&D meeting August 13-15, 2023-Arlington, T
9. Budget Request for FY 2025
10. Joint Plan of Operation for July 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024 - Approved at OCC – June 5, 23
11. Auditor – Engagement letter from Michael Green
12. Board decide what they will do with Ford pickup
13. ED2 Additional Funding and Guidance
14. Letter to Oklahoma Conservation Commission stating why our allocation went over for Oklahoma State cost share program year 24
15. Oklahoma State Cost Share Year 24 final report from OCC
16. Watershed Dam Program Contact sheet-for Dewey County
17. Quartermaster 20 -progress on damage
18. Barnitz # 15 progress on erosion and vegetation project
19. Oklahoma Year 25 cost share ranking and approve applications
A. Review and rank all applications using district’s approved OCC ranking system.
B. Agreement number, participant name & practices, completion date, cost share rate, and
maximum amount. Alternate participants approved on condition that funding becomes available:
listed: agreement number, participant name, & practices, cost share rate and maximum amount.
C. Notify applicants and execute agreements.
20. Discussion and review of monthly correspondence
Email from Taylor Marshall on ED2 update.
OACD-call to action on HB 2239-The Terry Peach North Canadian Watershed Restoration Act
Email from Clancy Green -OCC-June District Services Update
21. Proposed Executive Session – Possible discussion and vote to enter Executive Session as authorized
by Title 25 Section 307 (B)(7) of the Open Meeting Act to discuss USDA-NRCS conservation plans for K. Thomsen, D. Cole , M. Beers, S. Edwards, D. Smart, S. Sander, R. Hedges, N.
Hutchison, whereby disclosure of any additional information would violate federal
confidentiality laws. Designation of person to keep minutes.
22. Executive Session, if authorized (Votes CANNOT be taken in executive session)
When discussion ends-Chairman invites the public body into the room and waits for them to re-enter and be seated.
23. Re-establish a quorum and announce attendance again for public session
24. Vote on possible actions, if any, relating to the matters discussed in executive session or clarify that there is no matter needing to be voted on by the district.
25. Director positions approved: Gene Rauh-position E1 and Dale Wilson–position E2-both July 1, 2023
26. Reports: A-District Directors; B-District Staff; C- NRCS
27. New Business
28. Public Comment
These items may not be taken up in the order given on the agenda. Next regular meeting: July 5, 2023 – 1:30 P.M.
All items on this agenda, including but not limited to any agenda item concerning the adoption or approval of any resolution, contract, agreement, or any other item of business, are subject to revision or amendment, including additions and/or deletions, without exception. Any revision or amendments will be limited and rationally related to the topic of the agenda item. The Board may defer, strike, continue, table, and/or refer any agenda item to its chief administrative officer, staff, attorney, and/or refer back or appoint a committee for the purpose of gathering more information the Board may need to take action on any agenda item at a subsequent special or regular meetings of the Board.
District Office 2023 meetings
District Office 2023 Meetings
January 4, 2023 @ 1:30 PM (changed to Jan. 9th at 1:30PM)
February 1, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
March 1, 2023 @ 1:30 PM (changed to March 10, 2023 @1:30 PM)
April 5, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
May 3, 2023 @ 1;30 PM
May 8,2023 @ 4:00 PM (sp mtg)
June 7, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
July 5, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
August 2, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
September 6, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
October 4, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
November 1, 2023 @ 1:30 PM
December 6 , 2023 @ 1:30 PM